Saturday, April 20, 2013

American Idol 12 - Top 10 - Music Of American Idols

I'm concerned with all these top ten. I thought the theme tonight is really stupid. This theme should never happened twice. Like what just happened, most of them either picked a  really safe song, or they picked a really-really wrong song. Too many ballads this week makes the show even sleepier than usual. I honestly thought that Breanna Steer would really do well instead of Janelle Arthur. Not only Janelle Arthur did wrong, but Curtis Finch Jr people favorites (I'm kidding, I swear) did an awful job as well. 

The ones who I thought did really great is the four of the ladies who left. Amber Holcomb, Candice Glover, Kree Harrison and Angie Miller. Candice Glover is just on the top of the pack, Followed by Kree Harrison who is doing a really great job. Angie Miller did an amazing job too. And so is Amber Holcomb.




The other guys such as Devin Velez, Paul Jolley, Lazaro Arbos and Burnell Taylor is right on the middle. Devin Velez was the real miss for me. I thought that he's going to do well but the result is such a dissapointment. Paul Jolley is still confused what kind of artist he will be. Lazaro Arbos really sucked. Burnell Tayor is becoming so cheesy. 

The judges seemed like they are still afraid giving criticism. Especially Keith Urban who is most likely to don't give a damn about the guy and just confused for the girl. Nicki Minaj who's coming late, and wearing all those crazy outfits that just won't work. Mariah Carey who don't know what she's talking about. Talks much, but no point at all. 
Randy Jackson who's so boring. 

I predicted that the bottom three this week will be Janelle Arthur, Curtis Finch and Paul Jolley. Or Even Lazaro Arbos.

These are the performances:

1. Curtis Finch Jr - I Believe by Fantasia Barrino: 24
Nicki hasn't arrived yet. So she will missed Curtis Finch's performance. Singing 'I Believe', I don't know how It will go. The performance started so rough and too many runs (For me) I thought this performance didn't do anything. Like i said, the judges aren't helping at all. Mariah Carey seemed so afraid to give him a critic. If Minaj is here, she won't like it at ALL. And she aren't afraid to show it.

2. Janelle Arthur - Gone by Montgomery Gentry: 44
I'm shocked too, like Keith said that A girl is singing this song? I thought only guy would nailed it. Janelle moved around the stage, I honestly thought that the night would filled with lots of ballads, or maybe all of them will sing a ballad song. Idol should have a theme called "Ballads Not Allowed". And let's see how many of them sucked. The performance is a big miss. It's a big mistake. Her vocals is flat sometimes. And she pushed too hard, i think.

3. Devin Velez - Temporary Home by Carrie Underwood: 51
It's Carrie Underwood's song. Please don't suck. I'm fine with it. This is so fine. I honestly confused with Devin. What Kind of Artist he will be, just a pop artist? I don't really know. He picked a country song that needs a strong feeling and emotion when you sings. And Devin is lacks of everything when it comes to Feeling. His face goes straight. And I honestly thought that It's a bit dissapointing. But he's still much better than any of the guys.

4. Angie Miller - I Surrender by Celline Dion: 73
For me, it's a really brave move. Comparing this performance to Kelly Clarkson on season one is a bit stupid. Because, Kelly killed it! I didn't say that Angie didn't do amazing on this. Angie nailed it. I never thought that she would suceeded singing A Diva song. Her vocals are flawless. Keith is right again, when she hit that high notes, it's pleasing to my ears. Just like Kree Harrison. I thought that Angie killed it. And At the end, It was really a great song choice for him. A bit confused why didn't she picked a more current and modern song instead of this old song. 

5. Paul Jolley - Amazed by Lonestar: 52
Scotty Mccreery sang this, and I thought It was really bad. Wasn't a fan of Scotty Mccreery. Should we talk about Baylie Brown singing this song? No? Okay. Paul Jolley is singing more like country song. It was an OK job. I honestly thought that He will be the one who goes home tomorrow, Or Curtis Finch.

6. Candice Glover - I Who Have Nothing by Shirley Bassey: 93
What Can I say? It's perfect. The Performance Of The Season, I Swear to God If Candice don't get so far in this journey I will never watch Idol anymore. I don't care who will win. It's ridicolous with performance like this if Candice didn't get enough votes. This song has been sung greatly by three great singers. And three of them has different version. I loved Candice's. Candice vocals tonight are so amazing. Especially that big note at the end that made Randy really freaking out about it. 

7. Lazaro Arbos - Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson: 42
Thank god he's not singing 'Bridge Over Troubled Water' again. It's not perfect, but at least it's really Lazaro. This is what Lazaro's capable of doing. This is Lazaro. If many of you dissapointed by this performance, then you don't like Lazaro. The performance didn't go anywhere. It's flat. Like, so boring. He's struggling, and It shown. I don't know If this song was too hard or the key is too low at the beginning. He didn't even added something maybe a long note at the end to make the performance even better. I honestly thought that Lazaro should really leave. But pity votes will save him

8. Kree Harrison - Crying by Roy Orbison: 79
Kree is Kree. She's still doing the same thing like she did on The Vegas Round. And i loved it. Her vocals are so much better than usual. And when she played with it, I am so amused by it. It was really amazing to see Kree nailed a song that I never heard or mostly people never heard of. The melody she got was so good. To even compare this to Carrie Underwood, Silly! I can't choose.

9. Burnell Taylor - Flying Without Wings by Westlife: 56
I didn't watched the Ruben Studdard's season. Burnell did really amazing on Vegas Round and Semi Finals. I thought he's a bit dissapointing this time. He picked a song that really corny and cheesy that he can nailed it without looking. This is way too safe. If he wants to win, he needs to pick a song that really showcase his tone and the r&B artist like he is. 

10. Amber Holcomb - A Moment Like This by Kelly Clarkson: 77
This performance came fourth tonight. I don't get the standing ovation. I thought this was really good, but not standing ovation worthy. The judges should have given the standing ovation to Kree who's clearly doing an amazing job. Amber is a great singer, but she sings another Ballad. I'm afraid voters will get bored. She don't have enough fanbases to root for her. I don't think she will go further than the top 7 if she keeps on singing ballads. This was really good. That last note, BAM! 

No comments:

Post a Comment